Monday, June 23, 2014

"He's been there. He knows what you're going through" (June 23)


Transfers have come and gone and I'm staying right where I'm at! By the next transfer, supposing I leave the area, I can rid myself of the nickname "greenie." Yes!

This week has been a pretty good one! Although, all of our investigators flaked on our appointments...but, oh well!

I started reading The Book of Mormon again. I made it through 1 Nephi in two days so that was a new record for me! Haha!

We saw a lot of people this week! A quick update on what's been going on:

*Jena's baptism is in two and a half weeks! She's getting SO excited for that!
*We met a less active woman who told us the prophet Elijah is upset with the Priesthood and there are going to be major changes in the church when Elijah goes to the scientific community in July or November.....yep.
*We've been teaching MaryAnn the lessons. She was baptized into inactivity. The lessons are going rather well, and we just taught her the Plan of Salvation using the cutouts we made. It helped her and us too so we could keep everything in order and the lesson on track!
*We met an older, less-active couple. Mary has gone through a TON of trials dealing with family deaths and feels that God is mad at her. While Sister Seaich chatted with Mary's husband, I stayed at the doorway with Mary and tried to give her some words of comfort. I don't remember exactly what was said, but she started crying and said, "You sound just like my brother. That's exactly what he would have said." It was a really neat experience. I know it was the spirit working through me to provide Mary some comfort. She invited us back to talk some more, without us even asking!
*The Brickey's took us to Costa Vida for dinner on Friday night. I figured that was worth mentioning. I've never been to Café Rio, but everyone compares CV to that. It's preeetty good.

Like I said, it's been a pretty great week. However, it's been a very HOT week. Aside from the first three days which didn't reach above 77, it's been in the 90s and I'm DYING. We found the Perren's sprinklers were on when we got home and we walked over to their yard and just stood and got sopping wet. It was divine. 
Still a kid!!
 I found a great scripture during personal study about the Savior and His love for us. 1 Nephi 21:14-16


"But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me--but he will show that he hath not. For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."
He has an infinite reminder of what He's done for each of us through the Atonement. Never think that Christ has forgotten you. He loves you. He knows you personally. When you're in your own Gethsemane, remember, He's been there. He knows what you're going through--the pains, the discomforts, the imperfections, the afflictions---everything. He will never forget you. That's my challenge to each of you this week: Build a stronger relationship with your Savior and rely on the Atonement--it's there for all that will use it.

I love you all, and I miss you! The Lord loves you!
Love,
Sister Tyler

0 comments:

Post a Comment